- INTERIOR PHOTOS
- GUEST HOUSE
Nestled in the calm, protected waters of Excursion Inlet, on almost five gently sloping acres and 500 feet of beachfront, is your corner of Alaska Wilderness. The 1300 square foot main home is beautifully finished in knotty pine tongue & groove, maple laminate flooring, custom crafted hickory cabinets and Corian countertops. A fully equipped gourmet kitchen has everything you need to enjoy a feast of fresh caught seafood. Artisan crafted log furniture, plush recliner and sofas encourage relaxation in the living room. Thermostat controlled propane heat, flush toilets, shower/tub enclosure, endless hot water, present a luxury wilderness experience.
Spacious windows in the stairwell provide spectacular views of lush green mountains with snow capped peaks. The second floor has two bedrooms, each with a queen bed and single bed. The foyer can be used as a sitting room or as a third sleeping quarter.
The 750 square foot composite deck surrounds the entire lodge and is covered on three sides (450 square feet) offering plenty of room to barbeque or enjoy panoramic views of Glacier Bay National Park, rain or shine.
The 12 x 24 separate cabin is ideal as a caretaker’s or guest cabin. It, too, is finished with knotty pine tongue and groove and laminate flooring.
Year round running water is provided by a creek running through the property.
Misty River Retreat—your second home, fishing-hunting lodge, or investment property.
Selling Price: $399,000
- Natural Spalted Maple laminate flooring by Mannington.
- Full size GE refrigerator/freezer.
- Rinnai Continuum Propane Endless Hot Water System-main building.
- Paloma Propane Hot Water Heater-Guest/Caretakers cabin.
- Magic Chef 10,000BTU 30” range.
- GE Washer & propane dryer.
- Empire 35000BTU thermostat controlled propane heat.
- 500 gallon septic tank.
- Ducane stainless gas grill.
- Twelve foot stainless double sink fish cleaning table.
- 6’ X 40’ floating fiberglass dock.
- 750 sq ft composite deck, covered on three sides (450 sq ft)
- Power System-ISUZU model IGS 9.6 DSL: Diesel generator, direct injection 10kw 12/240. 2 Outback 4000 with true-sine wave inverter/chargers with 16 (L16 Dyno deep cycle) batteries.
- Six 100 pound propane cylinders.
- 150 gallon fuel tank.
- 12X24 Guest or Caretaker cabin/generator shed with covered porch.
- 2 X 6 construction, T1-11 siding, metal roof.
- Haul out pulley system for anchoring your boat out from the beach on any tide.
ABOUT EXCURSION INLET
Excursion Inlet, located on the north side of Icy Straits in Southeast Alaska, is about 40 miles from Juneau. Home to Ocean Beauty Seafoods, the first cannery opened in the early 1900’s. The cannery was used as a prisoner of war camp and, as a deep water port, was a strategic base for the Aleutian Campaign during WWII. Today Excursion Inlet is home to several fishing lodges, vacation homes and a year round population of 12 residents. The cannery has a museum, general store with ice, bait and supplies, and fuel and propane are available at the dock.
The Retreat is located in the Tongass National Forest, America’s largest at 17 million acres and 30% of the world’s remaining old growth temperate rainforest. It is claimed to be home to 7000 grizzlies, 10,000 bald eagles and 4000 salmon spawning streams. Excursion Inlet is about 10 miles long and is bordered by Glacier Bay National Park & Preserve and Glacier Bay National Monument.
Wildlife is abundant in the inlet. Common sightings include black and brown bear, moose, wolves, mink, otter, humpback and orca whales, porpoise, seals & sea lions, flocks of seabirds, eagles and heron.
Recreational activities include world class fishing for all five species of salmon-silver, sockeye, chum, pink & king, halibut. Cast for Dolly Varden or steelhead trout. Go beachcombing and explore tidal pools for mussels, butter clams, cockles, star fish and sea anemones. Crabbing and shrimping, hiking amongst the stately stands of old growth forest, berry picking, hunting, birding, kayaking, canoeing, photography or even water skiing!
Second Floor Foyer
View from deck
Retreat and guest house
View from the side
Misty River Retreat
View in the back
View from the front of property
View from the front of property
Shower Wash Area
Side of cabin
Power Plant Component
Endless Hot Water
Component of Power System